Poster Presentation Guidelines
Below you will find information that will help you prepare for your participation in the technical program at the 2021 Annual Meeting. We are glad to have you with us and hope the experience is a good one. Much of the following material is patterned after that used at previous Annual Meetings.
CHANGE IN SPEAKER OR CANCELLATION
As a courtesy to the audience, please let us know as soon as possible if there is a change in your presentation. If there is some last minute difficulty, please arrange for someone else to present your poster rather than canceling it. For changes in speaker or program prior to the meeting, please email Jennifer Rosenberg at Jrosenberg@BurkInc.com.
INFORMATION FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS IN PERSON
- 1. Poster boards will be in the Exhibit Area with numbers corresponding to the numbers in the program. For your display material, there will be a horizontal, free standing 4'h x 8'w (1.22m x 2.44m) composition board. Boards may be an inch smaller in either direction. Electricity will not be available at the poster board.
- 2. Each author is responsible for assembly and removal of their presentation. Set up is scheduled for Monday between 8:00-10:00 am, with tear down on Wednesday between 10:00-11:00 am. Posters not removed by 11:00 am on Wednesday will be removed and HPS is not responsible for materials lost or damaged. The schedule calls for you to be at your board on Monday from 1:00-3:00 PM to discuss your work one-on-one with participants.
- 3. If you plan to arrive later than the scheduled set up time, please make an arrangement with a colleague or a member of the Program Committee to do it for you. Presenters should bring their own materials for attaching illustrations to the composition boards (staples, stapler, tacks, pins). Please do not use tape. Materials left on boards after the removal deadline will be taken down and discarded. HPS accepts no responsibility for material that may be lost or damaged.
INFORMATION FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS VIRTUALLY
Virtual Poster Presenters will be set up with a “room” in our virtual platform from SignalWire. Your poster will be a static image in the platform and attendees will come into your “room” to ask questions from 1:00pm-3:00pm on Monday, July 26. We ask that you be in your “room” at that time.
Your poster should be saved as a JPEG or PDF and it will be uploaded into the software. You can upload your file here.
These instructions are written for PowerPoint but are applicable to any other software you may wish to use. Use PowerPoint 2007 or newer and set the dimensions of your poster to 140 cm (55 in) width x 70 cm (27.5 in) height, in landscape orientation.
- Number of pages (slides): one (1)
- Make sure your text and background have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
- For embedded images prefer .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi.
- Do not use animated effects, “animations” and videos.
- Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file. All recent versions of PowerPoint and most other software applications allow you to save your poster as a PDF file from the "File > Save as" menu or through the "File > Print > as .PDF" option.
There are a number of websites to assist you with preparing your poster, please see the following websites for guidelines and templates.