Speakers can upload their talk before they get to the meeting by using this link https://forms.gle/ZBmT23aJNzQ2Qu87A. You can upload your talk until January 3 at Noon. After that you will need to upload in the Speaker Ready Room (Room 405).
Change in Speaker or Cancellation
As a courtesy to the audience, please let us know as soon as possible if there is a change in your presentation. If there is some last minute difficulty, please arrange for someone else to present your poster rather than canceling it. For changes in speaker or program prior to the meeting, please call the SICB Secretariat, (703) 790-1745, FAX (703)790-2672 or email Lori Strong at LStrong@BurkInc.com.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
As you make final preparations for your presentation at the SICB meeting in January, please use the following information to prepare.
1. Regular oral presentations are scheduled as 15-minute presentations which includes time for you to walk to the podium, be introduced by moderator, and initiate your computer files. Please plan your actual presentation to be completed in 12 minutes; allowing time to answer questions as these make the sessions much more interactive. Time limits will be strictly enforced.
2. Most symposia presentations are scheduled as 30-minute presentations with 25 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions. However, some organizers requested slightly different formats. Please check specific symposia for details.
3. Every session at the meeting will be furnished with a computer and a computer projector. Computer projection slide format is 16:9 but 4:3 presentations will work fine. They’ll be centered with vertical black bars present on the sides. If you requested audio for your presentation when you submitted your abstract, it will be available in your session. Please bring a copy of your presentation file on memory stick (USB).
Presenters are strongly encouraged to have their presentations available in the PowerPoint and/or PDF formats. The following equipment will be provided in all the session rooms:
- PC computer (not Mac) with PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat software
- Data-video projector and white projector screen
- 16:9 format (wide screen); 4:3 presentations will still display correctly
- Wireless Slide Advancer
- Computer Audio
- Podium Microphone
- Wireless Lavaliere Microphone
- Speaker Timer
4. You MUST come to the Ready Room (JW Marriott, Room 405, 4th floor) to have the student in the Ready Room check you in and to turn in your presentation. There will be a computer and computer projector so that you can practice using the equipment that will be in each session room. The computers used in the ready room and each session room are PCs with Windows and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you have any difficulties, tell the student in the Ready Room and he or she will have an audio-visual technician meet with you to resolve the problem. All presentations will be pushed electronically to the session room.
Check in to the Ready Room at least one-half day prior to your presentation.
Delegates who will be giving presentations are responsible to:
- Upload their presentation to the PC computer in the slide review room at least 24 hours in advance.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session and introduce themselves to the chairperson of the session;
- Please note that a student volunteer will be available in the session rooms to assist with any audio-visual equipment problems that may arise;
- Oral presentations will not be recorded and the electronic presentations will not be stored or distributed by conference organizers at end of the conference.
The Windows computers provided will accept .PPT, .PPTX, and .PDF. Keynote presentations will need to be converted to PowerPoint or PDF as they will not work on SICB computers.
The screens in each session room will be in 16:9 format. but 4:3 presentations will work fine. They’ll automatically be centered with vertical black bars present on the sides.