Virtual Attendees will have access to all sessions taking place in-person. All attendees will be able to attend the virtual sessions on Monday and Tuesday, 26-27 July. All sessions will be available as recordings after the meeting and links will be sent out after the meeting.
Venue and Room Information
Meetings will be held at the Phoenix Convention Center and virtually. All seating and events will strictly follow CDC guidelines.
For more information on the convention center’s protocol, go here.
Phoenix Convention Center
100 North Third Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
During presentations, please turn off all cell phones or set them to vibrate.
Click the video below to find out all the ways the Phoenix Convention Center is working to keep meeting attendees safe.
Sleeping rooms will be available at:
This is the ONLY way to book a room at the hotel at the JMIH rate!!!
Beware of Unauthorized Hotel Service Providers
It has come to our attention that several exhibitors, attendees, and members have been contacted by housing vendors who are offering to provide room rates and hotel services for JMIH. These companies are NOT affiliated with JMIH!
Attendees and exhibitors should be cautious of companies that:
• Call you directly and claim they are official housing partners and have the best rates for Phoenix. JMIH will never call you directly to solicit hotel reservations.
• Claim to be affiliated with JMIH by offering discounted hotel rates, which often can be too good to be true.
• Ask you to provide your contact information and credit card details and require full prepayment in advance.
• Claim to have availability at their advertised hotels, but may take the money for the rooms, then later cancel without refunding to you.
GREENING THE MEETING
At the 1997 meetings in Seattle, it was decided that the Environmental Quality Committee (now the Conservation Committee) would develop recommendations to minimize the environmental impact of the Society’s activities. The committee has developed a list of possible actions relating to the annual meeting that can be implemented with minimal inconvenience to the organizing committee and to the membership at large. Many of these suggested actions are dependent on a decision by the Society as to whether and how much members are willing to trade off convenience for cost in the process of reducing environmental impacts (fortunately, many proposed actions are actually money-savers). Our objective in these “greening” efforts is to fulfill the general mission of the annual meeting in the most efficient, environmentally sound, and economic manner possible. For additional information about the ASIH Conservation Committee, contact Matthew Craig.
This year’s efforts in greening the meeting will include:
- Eliminate disposable plastic products to every extent possible.
- Use clip-on name tags that can be recycled. The name tag will be clipped to a recycled lanyard.
- Eliminate the meeting bag.
- Use only organic shirts for meeting T-shirts.
- Create a voluntary carbon-offset option as a check-off on the registration form. Individuals can contribute $10, or $20 to a local conservation organization to be selected by the local committee.
Casual dress is appropriate throughout the meeting. For comfort in the air-conditioned meeting rooms, a light jacket or sweater is suggested.
The JMIH Registration Desk is staffed to check in attendees and exhibitors and answer any questions you have regarding the meeting. The JMIH Registration/Information area is located in the West Building atrium at the Phoenix Convention Center. The Registration Desk will be open during the following hours:
- Wednesday 21 July, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday 22 July, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 23 July, 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Internet access will be provided to all JMIH attendees in the meeting rooms at the Phoenix Convention Center and in sleeping rooms at the Renaissance Phoenix. For complimentary internet in your guest room, join Bonvoy HERE.
Food and Beverage
Refreshments will be available at 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM in the 100 room foyer, Wednesday–Friday.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be doing any of the raffles or silent or live auctions.
Messages and Job Announcements
Due to COVID-19 we will not have a message or job board.
Due to COVID-19 we will not have a child care program.
GRADUATE STUDENT INFORMATION
Review information about dates and locations for future meetings.
26-31 July 2022
Spokane Convention Center
Headquarter Hotel: Davenport Grand
12-16 July 2023
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
PAST MEETING ARCHIVES
Review information from past meetings including abstracts, schedules and photos HERE