International Travelers

Obtaining US Visa's

For those IRPA 2024 participants traveling from a foreign country, please be advised that the U.S. requires a visa for most international travelers, except travelers from Canada and countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program. To obtain the visa electronically, go to

From the ESTA welcome page
International travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are now subject to enhanced security requirements. All eligible travelers who wish to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization and pay the fee.

The application process is explained on the ESTA website listed above. Voluntary ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel to the United States, and Visa Waiver Program travelers are encouraged to apply for authorization as soon as they begin to plan a trip to the United States. There are currently 38 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program

To apply for a visa, visit
If you need a VISA letter for your VISA application, please email us at

We would be happy to send you a letter on IRPA letterhead stating you are invited to attend the IRPA meeting in Orlando, Florida, during the dates of the meeting. If you need additional information on the letter, such as the date you are going to your visa interview or placing your application number on the letter, we are happy to include that. We are also happy to include your presentation title if you are presenting an abstract. We do require you to be registered for the IRPA meeting in advance of sending out an invitation letter, please make sure toregister first.

US Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries* to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. Travelers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel and meet all requirements explained on the website. If you prefer to have a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa.

In order to travel without a visa on the VWP, you must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a U.S. bound air or sea carrier. ESTA is a web-based system operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to determine eligibility to travel under the VWP to the United States for tourism or business. Visit the ESTA webpage on the CBP website for more information.